Grammys 2020 Live began with only 28 classes, but these days, the Grammys honor winners in 110 awards groups, including some honoring rock n’ roll genres which they launched in 1962. Only the awards carrying the best well-liked attractiveness – these as Album of the Calendar year, History from the Calendar year, Music in the 12 months, and Greatest New Artist – are distributed through the reside broadcast, amongst reside musical performances that round out the reside telecast. Other Grammy awards groups honor genre-specific effectiveness and creation, also as video clip and creative contributions.
Supplemental Grammys are awarded in recognition of serious activities and contributions of recording sector gurus, with these kinds of honors as:
• The Lifetime Accomplishment Award, extra in 1962, is awarded to musical performers that have stood out as excellent and major artists in their artistic contributions to the audio market. Amid recipients are Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Billie Holiday break, B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, Aretha Franklin, Johnny Dollars, Simon and Garfunkel, Led Zepplin, and Michael Jackson.
• The Trustee’s Award, extra in 1967, is awarded to non-performers (as of 1983) who definitely have created superb and major contributions for the tunes business in the course of their professions. Between recipients because the award is constrained to non-performers are: George & Ira Gershwin, Walt Disney, Quincy Jones, Dick Clark, Sam Phillips, Norman Granz, Clive Davis, Phil Ramone, and Don Cornelius.
• The Technical Grammy Award is awarded to individuals or entities which have made excellent technical contributions for the recording new music field.
• The Grammy Legend Award/Grammy Living Legend Award, extra in 1990, is awarded to artists who may have continually demonstrated major impact and excellent contributions and influence within the recording industry. Between recipients are Liza Minelli, Smokey Robinson, Elton John, the Bee Gees, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, and Quincy Jones.
• The Grammy Hall of Fame Award, added in 1973, honors recordings that have been around for at least twenty-five years and have stood the test of time by demonstrating significance in terms of either quality or history. Amid recipients are: Fats Waller’s Ain’t Misbehavin’, The Dixie Hummingbirds’ Amazing Grace, the Andrews Sisters’ Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, Van Morrison’s Brown Eyed Girl, Nat King Cole’s The Christmas Song, Peggy Lee’s Fever, Ray Charles’ Georgia on My Mind, and The Rolling Stones’ (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.